Facebook's VP of People Lori Goler talked to Business Insider recently about an interesting study that the firm conducted. Facebook analyzed teams throughout the organization to determine the ones whose members reported the highest levels of employee engagement and satisfaction. They talked to members of these groups to find how what the team leaders were doing to create such high levels of engagement. Seven behaviors stood out. They should not shock you at all, but they do provide a nice summary of what good leaders do day after day as they work with their teams:
1. They care about their team members.
2. They provide opportunities for growth.
3. They set clear expectations and goals.
4. They give frequent, actionable feedback.
5. They provide helpful resources.
6. They hold their team accountable for success.
7. They recognize outstanding work.