Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New Teaching Company Course

The Teaching Company just launched a new course titled "The Art of Teaching: Best Practices from a Master Educator." Emory University Professor Patrick Allitt delivers this series of lectures about teaching excellence. I'm very proud to have been one of six faculty members from around the country that Professor Allitt profiled as part of his course development work. He came to Bryant back in the fall, videotaped me teaching a Disney case study, and then interviewed me and four of my students. He has interspersed clips from that day with us at Bryant throughout his lectures. I just received my copies of the course, and I'm enjoying listening to Professor Allitt explain his perspective on the art of teaching. Every educator should have interest in this new course (and no, I'm not plugging it because of royalties - I don't receive any from this course!).

No comments: