- Expectations - make sure your people know the objectives and outcomes that you expect them to achieve by a particular date.
- Capabilities - make sure the people have the skills and capabilities to achieve those goals, and if they don't, put in place a plan to develop their capabilities accordingly.
- Measurement - inform people of the metrics that will be used to evaluate performance
- Feedback - put in place a mechanism for providing feedback on a regular basis
- Consequences - insure that everyone understands the consequences of failing to fulfill key obligations
Tuesday, December 05, 2017
Creating a Culture of Accountability
How can I hold people accountable without creating a culture of finger pointing, blame avoidance, and excuse making? Leadership coach and consultant Peter Bregman argues that leaders must achieve clarity on five dimensions if they wish to build a culture of accountability in their organizations.