Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Great Courses: My New Lecture Series on Business Strategy

I am very excited to announce the release of my new lecture series from The Great Courses (some of you may know them as The Teaching Company).   The new course is titled Critical Business Skills for Success.  It has five components, each consisting of 12 lectures.  I have created the 12 lectures on business strategy.  The other four components focus on finance, marketing, operations, and organizational behavior.   Those components are taught by Thomas Goldsby of The Ohio State University, Ryan Hamilton of Emory University, Eric Sussman of UCLA, and Clinton Longenecker of the University of Toledo. 

In my strategy course, I cover topics such as industry analysis, competitive positioning, defending and sustaining competitive advantage, competitor analysis, diversification, vertical integration, mergers and acquisitions, and entrepreneurial strategy.   Examples and case studies include Netflix, Trader Joe's, Disney, Zara, IKEA, Costco, LinkedIn, and Apple.  

2 comments: